If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best ent specialists Mentone gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best ent surgeon Mentone. To help you find the best ent specialist Mentone located near you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒Dr Elizabeth Sigston
Dr Elizabeth Sigston purpose through medicine is to be compassionate, courageous, and authentic, to strive for excellence through thought leadership, change management, research and entrepreneurialism.
- all areas of ENT
Phone: 1300 675 467
⇒Dr Nadine De Alwis
Dr Nadine De Alwis is an Australian-based health professional. Nadine is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in Moorabbin, Lake Wendouree.
- Paediatric ENT surgery
Phone: 1300 675 467
⇒Dr John Redhead
Dr John Redhead is an Australian-based health professional. John is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in Sandringham.
- Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon
Phone: (03) 9521 8676
⇒Dr Lucy Matthews
Dr Lucy Matthews is an Australian trained and qualified Ear Nose and Throat (ENT), and Head and Neck Surgeon. She practices in general adult and paediatric ENT surgery with special interest in voice and conditions of the larynx.
- paediatric ENT
Phone: (03) 9596 8005
⇒ Mr Justin O’Brien
⇒ Dr Charles Giddings
Dr Charles Giddings is an Australian-based health professional. Charles is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in East Melbourne, Brighton.
- malignant tumours of the head, neck, thyroid and parathyroid
Phone: (03) 9580 6887
⇒ Mr Andrew Hays
Mr Andrew Hays is an Australian-based health professional. Andrew is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in Malvern, Brighton.
- Broad range of ENT, Head and Neck Cancer
Phone: (03) 9596 0606
⇒Dr Paul Paddle
Dr Paul Paddle has interest and expertise in general adult and paediatric ENT conditions, minimally invasive nose and sinus surgery, snoring and sleep surgery.
- paediatric ENT conditions
Phone: 1300 952 808
⇒ Dr Guillermo Hurtado
Dr Guillermo Hurtado completed fellowship training in Paediatric ENT at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne. He later completed a second fellowship in Otology and General ENT at Monash Health in Melbourne in 2011.As a result of his Fellowship training, Guillermo has special interest in ear related disorders, including hearing loss management and hearing implants.
- ear related disorders
Phone: 1300 952 808
What is ENT specialist?
An ENT specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) is a doctor who specialises in diseases that affect the ears, nose and throat, as well as the head and neck. ENT specialists are not only medical doctors who can treat your sinus headache, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your dad’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can perform extremely delicate operations to restore hearing of the middle ear, open blocked airways, remove head, neck, and throat cancers, and rebuild these essential structures. This requires an additional five to eight years of intensive, post-graduate training beyond medical school. An otolaryngologist, also called an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, specializes in the care and treatment of the area below the brain and above the lungs (except for the eyes).
What Conditions Do ENTs Treat?
General otolaryngologists do not limit their practice to any one portion of the head and neck, and can treat a variety of conditions. Some ENT specialists, however, pursue additional training in one of these subspecialty areas:
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck. ENT specialists are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists can perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.