What is ENT specialist?
An ENT specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) is a doctor who specialises in diseases that affect the ears, nose and throat, as well as the head and neck. ENT specialists are not only medical doctors who can treat your sinus headache, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your dad’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can perform extremely delicate operations to restore hearing of the middle ear, open blocked airways, remove head, neck, and throat cancers, and rebuild these essential structures. This requires an additional five to eight years of intensive, post-graduate training beyond medical school. An otolaryngologist, also called an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, specializes in the care and treatment of the area below the brain and above the lungs (except for the eyes).
What Conditions Do ENTs Treat?
General otolaryngologists do not limit their practice to any one portion of the head and neck, and can treat a variety of conditions. Some ENT specialists, however, pursue additional training in one of these subspecialty areas:
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck. ENT specialists are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists can perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.
If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best ent specialists Perth gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best ent surgeon Perth. To help you find the best ent specialist Perth located near you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒ Dr. Pedram Imani
Dr. Pedram Imani is a certified specialist ENT facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Perth. He is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS), the only official body training and representing specialist surgeons in Australia RACS. Dr. Pedram Imani is highly experienced perth ent specialist.
- Otolaryngologist Head and Neck Surgeon
- facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon
⇒ Dr Chris Dhepnorrarat
Dr Chris Dhepnorrarat operates out of Hollywood Private Hospital and is one of very few ENT surgeons perth in Australia to have dual Fellowship training in sinus and anterior skull base surgery. His interests include general and paediatric otolaryngology, the management of all aspects of sinus disease and endoscopic anterior skull base surgery.
- General and paediatric otolaryngology
- Management of all aspects of sinus disease
- Endoscopic anterior skull base surgery
⇒ Dr George Sim
Dr George Sim is an Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon (ENT) with a special interest in Paediatric Ear, Nose &Throat Surgery. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and also a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Glasgow (FRCS Orl-HNS). George worked as a Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat/ Head & Neck Surgeon at Princess Margaret Hospital for Children. He now operates at St John of God Hospitals in Subiaco and Murdoch.
- Paediatric ear, nose & throat conditions
⇒ Professor Shyan Vijayasekaran
Professor Shyan Vijayasekaran is a highly qualified and skilled ENT surgeon. He completed a Fellowship in Paediatric Otolaryngology with Professor Robin Cotton at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, USA and is one of the few international graduates of this prestigious programme. Professor Vijayasekaran operates at Glengarry Private Hospital and has a Public appointment at Perth Childrens Hospital. Professor Shyan Vijayasekaran work in perth ent centre.
- Airway disorders
- Speech, Swallowing
- Management of hearing loss and chronic Otitis Media
⇒ Mr Philip Fisher
Mr Philip Fisher was born in Perth. He trained in Western Australia and then completed his Fellowship in the UK before returning to Perth to establish his rooms in Duncraig.Mr Fisher has been the Consultant ENT Surgeon at Glengarry Hospital since 1991, Joondalup Health Campus since 1994 and Fremantle Hospital from 1991-2013. He was Head of Department (ENT) at Fremantle Hospital and developed the Fremantle Hospital Head & Neck Multidisciplinary Clinic. Mr Fisher is well experienced paediatric ent perth WA.
- General ENT
- Paediatric ENT
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgery
⇒ DR Francis Chai
DR Francis Chai is an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist who provides a comprehensive management of the full spectrum of ENT conditions. We are a private billing practice. We prepare an accurate estimate for all surgical procedures. Francis Chai graduated from medical school at the University of WA in 1992. He qualified as a surgeon with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) in the field of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery in 1999.
- General ENT surgery, Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Head and neck surgery, Voice surgery
- Thyroid and parotid surgery, Paediactric ENT
⇒ Mr Kwong Lew
Dr Lew ent perth – is an Australian-based health professional. Kwong is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in ent specialist south perth.
- Paediatric ENT Surgery
- Sinus Surgery
⇒ Mr Paul Yuen
Mr Paul Yuen ent perth – is a fellowship trained otolaryngologist perth/head and neck surgeon. He graduated from the University of Western Australia in 1987 and completed his ENT training in 1995. Mr Yuen subsequently gained Fellowship experience in Head and Neck Oncology at the Vrij University, Amsterdam with Professor Gordeon Snow.
- Head and neck surgery
- Ear Nose and Throat
⇒ Dr Chady Sader
Dr Chady Sader graduated from the Medical School of The University of Western Australia in 1997. He began his specialist training at Royal Perth Hospital ent department in 2003 and completed advanced surgical training in 2006. He passed the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons final examination in 2007. Dr Sader gained further post fellowship experience at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in Nova Scotia, Canada under the guidance of Assoc. Professor S. Mark Taylor, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon. Dr Chady Sader is one of the best ent south perth.
- adult and paediatric otolaryngology
- head and neck surgery, endocrine surgery
- reconstruction of head and neck defects