What is ENT specialist?
An ENT specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) is a doctor who specialises in diseases that affect the ears, nose and throat, as well as the head and neck. ENT specialists are not only medical doctors who can treat your sinus headache, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your dad’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can perform extremely delicate operations to restore hearing of the middle ear, open blocked airways, remove head, neck, and throat cancers, and rebuild these essential structures. This requires an additional five to eight years of intensive, post-graduate training beyond medical school. An otolaryngologist, also called an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, specializes in the care and treatment of the area below the brain and above the lungs (except for the eyes).
What Conditions Do ENTs Treat?
General otolaryngologists do not limit their practice to any one portion of the head and neck, and can treat a variety of conditions. Some ENT specialists, however, pursue additional training in one of these subspecialty areas:
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck. ENT specialists are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists can perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.
If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best ent specialists brisbane gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best ent surgeon Brisbane. To help you find the best ent specialist brisbane located near you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒ Dr James Bowman
Dr Bowman ent brisbane – is an ear nose and throat specialist with advanced training in managing conditions of the skull base including vestibular schwannomas and pituitary tumours as well as head and neck cancers. Dr Bowman regularly manages all ENT conditions and treats adults and children. He is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- All ENT conditions and treats adults and children
⇒ Dr. Brian Wilson-Boyd
Dr. Brian Wilson-Boyd is an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon specialising in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Brian Wilson-Boyd is highly experienced brisbane ent specialist. Dr Wilson-Boyd also has a special interest in General ENT, Paediatric ENT, Head and Neck Oncology, Salivary gland, Rhinoplasty, Otoplasty, sino nasal, Otology, snoring, thyroid and voice.
- General ENT, Paediatric ENT
- Head and Neck Oncology, Salivary gland
- Otoplasty, sino nasal, Otology, snoring, thyroid, voice
⇒ Dr Hannah Burns
Dr Hannah Burns completed a Bachelor of Science degree at Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand, before moving to Brisbane to study medicine. She graduated from the University of Queensland and completed her internship and residency at the Royal Brisbane Hospital. Following surgical PHO positions in Queensland and Sydney, Hannah completed her ENT advanced training in Queensland. Hannah gained her fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of surgeons in 2008.
- ENT surgery
- paediatric ENT
⇒ Dr Elizabeth Hodge
Dr Hodge ent brisbane – is a Queensland-trained ENT surgeon and treats both adult and paediatric patients for a wide-range of ENT concerns. Her special interests are in voice concerns, paediatric otolaryngology, chronic cough, swallowing disorders, and head and neck malignancy. Dr Elizabeth Hodge is one of the best pediatric ent brisbane.
- Adult ENT, Paediatric ENT
- voice concerns, paediatric otolaryngology, chronic cough
- swallowing disorders, and head and neck malignancy
⇒ DR DAVID BELL-ALLEN
DR DAVID BELL-ALLEN has over 25 years experience in E.N.T. Surgery. He graduated from University of Queensland Medical School in 1985 (MBBS). He gained his Fellowship in Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (E.N.T.) in 1994 and became a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS). He spent a year in the United Kingdom in 1995 doing his Advanced Fellowship furthering his experience in paediatric surgery and ear surgery in particular.
- paediatric ENT
- middle ear surgery, cochlear implants
- sinsus surgery, rhinoplasty
⇒ Dr Frank W Anning
Dr Frank W Anning holds primary degrees in both Medicine and Surgery from the University of Queensland. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Dr Anning’s special interests in medicine include disorders of the ears, nose and throat, and adjacent structure of the head and neck particularly noise induced hearing loss. His special interests also include sinus surgery and voice disorders.
- Disorders of the ears, nose and throat
- adjacent structure of the head and neck
- sinus surgery and voice disorders
⇒ Dr Paul Canty
Dr Paul Canty is an Australian-based health professional. Paul is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in Chermside.
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- Acoustic Neuroma, Cochlear Implants
- Adult and Paediatric ENT
⇒ Dr David Morrissey
Dr David Morrissey is an Australian trained Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon with experience in all aspects of ENT Surgery. He offers comprehensive care for a wide range of adult and paediatric conditions of the ear, nose and throat. Dr Morrissey is a Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and is a member of the Australian Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. He also maintains membership with the American Rhinologic Society and the Australia and New Zealand Rhinologic Society.
- adult and paediatric conditions of the ENT
⇒ Dr Emily Perry
Dr Emily Perry is an Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon who enjoys practicing in all areas of her specialty. This includes paediatric and general otolaryngology, as well as head and neck surgery. She has a special interest in the surgical management of thyroid disease. Dr Perry operates on both children and adults at Brisbane Private Hospital and currently has public hospital Consultant positions at the Lady CiIento Children’s Hospital and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospitals.
- Surgical management of Thyroid Disease
- Paediatric otolaryngology
- Head and neck cancer surgery
⇒ Dr Thomas Slaughter
Dr Slaughter ent brisbane – is an ear, nose and throat surgeon with advanced training in head and neck surgery. He has a particular interest in head and neck oncology, thyroid surgery, rhinology and paediatric ENT Brisbane. Dr Slaughter returned to Brisbane in 2015 to complete further advanced fellowship training as the head and neck fellow at the Princess Alexandria Hospital.
- adult and paediatric conditions of the ENT