If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best ent specialist Canberra gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best Canberra ent specialists. To help you find the best ent specialist in canberra located near you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒ Dr Safi Albekaa
Dr Safi Albekaa is an ear, nose and throat surgeon who is an active member of a multidisciplinary cancer care team that coordinates care for people with head and neck cancer. In addition to English, he speaks Arabic.
- ENT Surgery
⇒ Dr. Sandeep Rajagopal
Dr. Sandeep Rajagopal graduated his medical degree from South India (Allapuzha, Kerala) and gained a post-graduate degree in Ear Nose and Throat Surgery from North India (Vadodara, Gujarat). He subsequently moved to United Kingdom and furthered his experience in ENT Canberra and Audio-vestibular medicine and also attained his General Practice degree in the year 2010.
- ENT, medicine and general practice
⇒ Dr Timothy p makeham
Dr Timothy makeham ent canberra – is an Otolaryngologist working at Calvary John James Hospital, Canberra Private Hospital and The ENT Canberra Hospital. Dr Makeham completed his degrees in Economics and Engineering at the ANU before undertaking a post graduate medical degree at Flinders University of South Australia. He attained his Fellowship in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2010. Since 2011 he has run a general ENT practice located in Canberra with an interest in Otology and Rhinology.
- Otology and Rhinology
⇒ Dr Tuan Pham
Dr Pham ent canberra – completed his ENT training at the ANU medical school. He is renowned for dealing with ear, nose, and throat diseases in children and adults. Dr. Tuan effectively performs paediatric ENT diseases and Endoscopic Sinus Surgeries. He also treats Chronic Sinus and Breathing Issues of his patients. Dr. Tuan Pham always strives to provide the best experience to patients on their treatments by his friendly approach.
- Sleep Apnea, Hearing Loss, Voice Disorders
- Deviated Septum, Breathing Problems
- Nosebleeds, Ear Infection, Earaches, Tonsils
⇒ Dr Tack Lee
Dr Lee ent canberra – is an Australian-based health professional. Tack is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in Deakin.
- Allergies, Cancer, Respiratory Disorders
- Skin Cancer, Sleep Disorders
- Snoring, Voice
⇒ Dr Fardin Eghtedari
Dr Fardin Eghtedari is an Australian-based health professional. Dr Fardin Eghtedari is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in Deakin.
- Major Ear surgeries, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Implantation of Bone Anchored Hearing Aid
- General Paediatric and adult ENT
- Cosmetic and functional nasal surgeries
What is ENT specialist?
An ENT specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) is a doctor who specialises in diseases that affect the ears, nose and throat, as well as the head and neck. ENT specialists are not only medical doctors who can treat your sinus headache, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your dad’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can perform extremely delicate operations to restore hearing of the middle ear, open blocked airways, remove head, neck, and throat cancers, and rebuild these essential structures. This requires an additional five to eight years of intensive, post-graduate training beyond medical school. An otolaryngologist, also called an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, specializes in the care and treatment of the area below the brain and above the lungs (except for the eyes).
What Conditions Do ENTs Treat?
General otolaryngologists do not limit their practice to any one portion of the head and neck, and can treat a variety of conditions. Some ENT specialists, however, pursue additional training in one of these subspecialty areas:
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck. ENT specialists are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists can perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.