Best ENT Specialists in Canterbury
If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best ent specialists in Canterbury gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best Canterbury ent specialists. To help you find the best ent surgeons Canterbury located near you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒Dr Gil Kleiner
Dr Gil Kleiner is an Australian-based health professional. Gil is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in Marrickville, Burwood.
- Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon
Phone: (02) 9558 2466
⇒Dr Piera Taylor
Dr Piera Taylor is an Australian-based health professional. Piera is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in Leichhardt.
- Paediatric Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon
Phone: 1300 866 630
⇒A/Prof Jonathan Kong
A/Prof Jonathan Kong is a Sydney-trained Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Specialist Surgeon based in Crows Nest (North Sydney) & Lindfield. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and a full member of the Australasian Society of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery (ASOHNS).
- children’s ENT
Phone: (02) 8090 2525
⇒A/Prof Michael Elliott
A/Prof Michael Elliott is an Australian-based health professional. Michael is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in Newtown, Crows Nest.
- parathyroid and salivary gland
Phone: (02) 8355 7940
⇒A/Prof Carsten Palme
A/Prof Carsten Palme is an Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgeon and Clinical Associate Professor both in the Department of Surgery, Sydney Medical School and the Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral Pathology, University of Sydney.
- Salivary Gland Disease
Phone: (02) 8850 8100
⇒Dr Anthony Clifford
Dr Anthony Clifford is an Australian-based health professional. Anthony is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in Camperdown.
- Management of Salivary Gland tumours and Paranasal Sinus
Phone: (02) 8514 0790
⇒Dr Rahuram Sivasubramaniam
Dr Rahuram Sivasubramaniam is an Australian-based health professional. Rahuram is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 3 practices located in Campbelltown, Burwood, Pendle Hill.
- general adult & paediatric ENT conditions
Phone: (02) 9747 3199
⇒Dr Arjuna Ananda
Dr Arjuna Ananda is an Australian-based health professional. Arjuna is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in Campbelltown, Burwood.
- Anterior Skull Base Resection
Phone: (02) 9747 3199
What is ENT specialist?
An ENT specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) is a doctor who specialises in diseases that affect the ears, nose and throat, as well as the head and neck. ENT specialists are not only medical doctors who can treat your sinus headache, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your dad’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can perform extremely delicate operations to restore hearing of the middle ear, open blocked airways, remove head, neck, and throat cancers, and rebuild these essential structures. This requires an additional five to eight years of intensive, post-graduate training beyond medical school. An otolaryngologist, also called an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, specializes in the care and treatment of the area below the brain and above the lungs (except for the eyes).
What Conditions Do ENTs Treat?
General otolaryngologists do not limit their practice to any one portion of the head and neck, and can treat a variety of conditions. Some ENT specialists, however, pursue additional training in one of these subspecialty areas:
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck. ENT specialists are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists can perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.