If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best ent specialists Katoomba gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best Katoomba ent specialists. To help you find the best ent surgeons Katoomba located near you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒A/Prof Melville da Cruz
A/Prof Melville da Cruz is Associate Professor, University of Sydney, and Head Department Otolaryngology, Westmead Hospital and Sydney West Area Health Service.
- Hearing and Temporal Bone
Phone: (02) 9635 1030
⇒ Dr Vanaja Siva
Dr Vanaja Siva is an Australian and UK trained surgeon. She completed dual subspecialists’ fellowship training in Otology & Auditory Implants and Paediatric ENT surgery.
- Paediatric ENT surgery
Phone: (02) 4731 2232
⇒Dr Alok Mohorikar
Dr Alok Mohorikar has a special interest in adult ENT, paediatric ENT, otology – Routine and complex otology, lateral skull base, rhinology – Routine and complex rhinology, anterior skull base, Pituitary tumours, Airway cases, Laryngeal and voice problems.
- paediatric ENT
Phone: 02 9055 8333
⇒ Dr Georgina King
Dr Georgina King practices in both adult and paediatric Ear Nose and Throat surgery. Her subspecialty interest in Paediatric Ear Nose and Throat Surgery includes management of obstructive sleep apnoea, recurrent otitis media, hearing concerns, nasal breathing concerns as well as other airway pathologies.
- Head and Neck Oncology
Phone: 02 9055 8333
⇒Dr Anand Suruliraj
Dr Anand Suruliraj is an Australian-based health professional. Anand is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 3 practices located in Bella Vista, Penrith, Westmead.
- General adult and paediatric ENT
Phone: (02) 9687 4100
⇒ Nirmal Patel
Nirmal Patel Specialising in Endoscopic Ear Surgery for Cholesteatoma and Chronic Ear Infection, Eustachian Tube Surgery, Cochlear Implant and Lateral Skull Base Surgery.
- Allergy and snoring/sleep
Phone: (02) 8882 9477
⇒Dr Justin Kong
Dr Justin Kong Specialising in Endoscopic Sinus and Nasal Airway Surgery as well as Anterior Skull Base Surgery. Other interests are Children’s Ear, Nose and Throat disorders.
- Ear, Nose and Throat disorders
Phone: (02) 8882 9477
⇒ Dr Su Para
Dr Su Para is an Australian-based health professional. Su is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in Kingswood, Westmead.
- Rhinology and paediatrics
Phone: (02) 4737 3396
What is ENT specialist?
An ENT specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) is a doctor who specialises in diseases that affect the ears, nose and throat, as well as the head and neck. ENT specialists are not only medical doctors who can treat your sinus headache, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your dad’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can perform extremely delicate operations to restore hearing of the middle ear, open blocked airways, remove head, neck, and throat cancers, and rebuild these essential structures. This requires an additional five to eight years of intensive, post-graduate training beyond medical school. An otolaryngologist, also called an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, specializes in the care and treatment of the area below the brain and above the lungs (except for the eyes).
What Conditions Do ENTs Treat?
General otolaryngologists do not limit their practice to any one portion of the head and neck, and can treat a variety of conditions. Some ENT specialists, however, pursue additional training in one of these subspecialty areas:
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck. ENT specialists are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists can perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.