If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best ent specialists Wellington gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the best Wellington ent specialists. To help you find the best ent surgeons Wellington located near you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒A/Prof Raewyn Campbell
A/Prof Raewyn Campbell completed training and achieved fellowship of RACS in 2011. A/Prof Campbell then undertook two rhinology fellowships at Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand and The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, USA.
- skull base surgery.
Phone: 02 9413 4822
⇒Dr Martin Forer
Dr Martin Forer commenced private practice in 1986. He is head of Department, ENT at the Royal North Shore Hospital as well as a member of the regional training committee in NSW for ENT. He has a special interest in rhinology and paediatric ENT. Dr Forer has been a regional and international invited speaker on functional endoscopic sinus surgery.
- paediatric ENT
Phone: 02 9413 4822
⇒Dr Megan Hobson
Dr Megan Hobson completed a Bachelor of Medical Science at Sydney University in 1994, then moved to Newcastle to study Medicine. She completed Medicine in 1999 and returned to Sydney to work as a junior doctor. She trained in general surgery before commencing sub-specialty training in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
- Paediatric ENT
Phone: 02 9413 4822
⇒ Dr Ibrahim Rabie
Dr Ibrahim Rabie is an experienced Australian-based health professional. Dr Ibrahim is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice in Dubbo. He did his Bachelor of Medicine at the University of Alexandria, Egypt in 1975.
- Breathing Problems
- Ear Infection
Phone: 02 6881 6666
⇒Dr Ranga Sirigiri
⇒ Dr David Houghton
Dr David Houghton is an Australian-based health professional. David is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has a practice located in Orange.
- Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Phone: (02) 6361 0055
⇒Dr Natalie Rainger
Dr Natalie Rainger is an Adult and Paediatric Otolaryngologist and Head & Neck Surgeon. She earned her Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Sydney, Australia in 2007. She completed her Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Australia.
- Hearing Loss
- Dry Mouth and Bad Breath Problems
Phone: 02 5335 6666
⇒ Dr Anand Suruliraj
Dr Anand Suruliraj provides adult and paediatric general ENT services and his areas of special interest include Otology and Head and Neck Surgery. Dr Suruliraj has more than 10 years of post-fellowship experience and has acquired wide experience in sinus surgery, ear surgery and head and neck surgery.
- Ear, Nose and Throat & Head and Neck Surgery
Phone: 02 47048945
⇒Dr Su Para
Dr Su Para is an Australian-based health professional. Su is trained as an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon and has 2 practices located in Kingswood, Westmead.
- Rhinology and paediatrics
Phone: (02) 4737 3396
⇒ Dr Georgina King
Dr Georgina King practices in both adult and paediatric Ear Nose and Throat surgery. Her subspecialty interest in Paediatric Ear Nose and Throat Surgery includes management of obstructive sleep apnoea, recurrent otitis media, hearing concerns, nasal breathing concerns as well as other airway pathologies.
- Head and Neck Oncology
Phone: 02 9055 8333
What is ENT specialist?
An ENT specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) is a doctor who specialises in diseases that affect the ears, nose and throat, as well as the head and neck. ENT specialists are not only medical doctors who can treat your sinus headache, your child’s swimmer’s ear, or your dad’s sleep apnea. They are also surgeons who can perform extremely delicate operations to restore hearing of the middle ear, open blocked airways, remove head, neck, and throat cancers, and rebuild these essential structures. This requires an additional five to eight years of intensive, post-graduate training beyond medical school. An otolaryngologist, also called an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, specializes in the care and treatment of the area below the brain and above the lungs (except for the eyes).
What Conditions Do ENTs Treat?
General otolaryngologists do not limit their practice to any one portion of the head and neck, and can treat a variety of conditions. Some ENT specialists, however, pursue additional training in one of these subspecialty areas:
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as a hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists often manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems can affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat can affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists can diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck. ENT specialists are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists can perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can also manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.