If you find yourself to be in a situation where finding the best rheumatologist specialist Brisbane gets difficult, then we are here to help you out with this. Below is a list of the top Brisbane rheumatologist. To help you find the best rheumatologist Brisbane located near to you, we put together our own list based on patient reviews.
This article is updated every 1-2 months.
⇒ Dr Louise McCormack
Dr Louise McCormack rheumatologist brisbane – completed specialty training in Rheumatology in 2010. She studied a Bachelor of Science before completing her MBBS with Honours at the University of Queensland. Basic physician training was undertaken in Cairns and Melbourne, and Advanced Training in Townsville and Brisbane at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. Dr McCormack is interested in all aspects of inflammatory autoimmune diseases, as well as musculoskeletal complaints.
- Inflammatory autoimmune diseases
- musculoskeletal complaints
⇒ Dr Alexander Klestov
Dr Alexander Klestov is a Medical (M.B. B.S.) and Science (BSc) Graduate of University of Queensland. After graduating, he spent six years in Sydney for Rheumatology Specialist Training and Clinical Research, thus qualifying as Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians (FRACP).
- Diagnosis and treatment of anyone with Musculo-Skeletal pain and associated dysfunction
⇒ Dr Sumant Kevat
Dr Kevat rheumatologist brisbane – is an Australian-based health professional. Sumant is trained as a Rheumatologist and has 4 practices located in Strathpine, Kippa-ring, Caboolture, Everton Park.
- Adult rheumatology
- medico-legal practice, teaching
⇒ Dr Philip Robinson
Dr Philip Robinson is a rheumatologist currently working at Brisbane Rheumatology. He also works as a senior staff specialist at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and is Associate Professor at the University of Queensland.
- Gout and ankylosing spondylitis
⇒ Dr Joseph O’Callaghan
Dr Joseph O’Callaghan is an Australian-based health professional. Joseph is trained as a Rheumatologist and has 4 practices located in Brisbane, Auchenflower, Gatton, Booval.
- General rheumatology
- inflammatory joint disease
⇒ Dr David Careless
Dr David Careless is an Australian-based health professional. David is trained as a Rheumatologist and has a practice located in Ipswich.
- Adult Rheumatology
Phone: (07) 3282 8044
⇒ Dr Peter Landsberg
Dr Peter Landsberg rheumatologist brisbane – practices general Rheumatology with a special interest in inflammatory arthritis and connective tissue disorders. He came to Rheumatology relatively late in his career qualifying in 2001 following a successful, previous career of 12 years as a General Practitioner. He is a Visiting Medical Officer at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and is active in Registrar training and teaching.
- Inflammatory arthritis and connective tissue disorders
⇒ Dr Navid Adib
Dr Navid Adib is a Paediatrician specialising in Rheumatology and has been practicing at The Wesley Hospital since 2006. Dr Adib’s areas of interest include paediatric rheumatology, musculoskeletal and inflammatory disorders, juvenlle arthritis, juvenlle dermatomyositis, lupus and morphea. Dr. Navid Adil is one of the best paediatric rheumatologist brisbane.
- Paediatric Rheumatology
- Musculoskeletal and Inflammatory Disorders
- uvenile Arthritis, Juvenile Dermatomyositis
What is rheumatology?
Rheumatology is a medical discipline that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research of diseases of the rheumatic type. Under the technical term “diseases of the rheumatic group” are summarized around 400 clinical pictures, which are colloquially referred to as “rheumatism” or “rheumatism”. Typical of rheumatism, which is also commonly referred to as a “widespread disease” because of its frequency, are symptoms of the musculoskeletal system, i.e. the bones and skeletal muscles as well as tendons and connective tissue, accompanied by pain and functional impairments. Metabolic disorders can also occur in connection with diseases of the rheumatic type.
The most well-known diseases the rheumatologist deals with include rheumatoid arthritis characterized by joint inflammation and stiffness (also known as “primary chronic polyarthritis (PCP)”), osteoarthritis due to degenerative processes (“joint wear and tear”) and Metabolic disorders caused by osteoporosis (“bone loss”) and gout.
While internal rheumatology is mostly about preserved (“conservative”) treatment methods and pain relief, the therapies of orthopedic rheumatology often focus on surgical measures and the adjustment of orthotics.
What is a rheumatologist?
The rheumatologist deals with the diagnosis and therapy of rheumatic diseases . Rheumatologists work in specialist practices or specialist clinics. They come from the fields of internal medicine, orthopedics or pediatric and adolescent medicine.
What does the rheumatologist do?
The rheumatologist’s range of treatments includes the following diseases:
- Wear-related or age-related rheumatic diseases such as osteoarthritis / gonarthrosis or, for example, degenerative spinal diseases such as facet joint osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (autoimmune and intermittent chronic inflammation of various joints (polyarthritis)): Patients suffer from swollen, painful and deformed joints, especially in the fingers and hands.
- Psoriatic arthritis (autoimmune chronic inflammation of the joints that occurs in connection with psoriasis).
- Other chronic, autoimmune-related inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system such as connective tissue diseases (collagenosis) and ankylosing spondylitis (chronic inflammatory and painful disease with stiffening of the spine).
- Fibromyalgia and other rheumatic diseases of the soft tissues.
- Gout and other metabolic disorders that lead to rheumatic complaints.