“Dr. Balashankar Saravanasubramanian” Locations
About “Dr. Balashankar Saravanasubramanian”
Dr Bala is an Interventional Cardiologist with special interests in the fields of coronary angiography, angioplasty and complex cardiac interventional procedures.
He has an immense interest in evaluating patients with ischemic heart disease, cardiac failure, valvular heart disease and arrhythmic disorders.
Dr.Bala has a vast experience in Interventional Cardiology. Bala had received many academic awards and honours during his medical training.
Dr.Bala performs cardiac procedures at St.Vincents Private as well as Public Hospital, Fitzroy, Melbourne. He consults in his rooms in East Melbourne, Sunbury and Melton.
He has a special interest in rural service as well and he extends his cardiac services in rural victoria such as Bendigo, Castlemaine, Swan hill Echuca and Kerang. In addition, he holds public hospital appointment at Bendigo hospital.
He had published more than 20 articles in peer reviewed reputed cardiology journals.
Dr Bala is committed to provide the high quality medical care to all his patients. Dr Bala is fully committed to medical education and is also a frequent lecturer to GP’s, nurses, and medical students. He is a regular participant in local, national, and international cardiac educational meetings.
- Hospital Appointment St Vincent’s Private & Public Hospital, Fitzroy
- Hospital Appointments Bendigo Health Hospital, Bendigo
- Hospital Appointments St. John of God Hospital, Bendigo
- MBBS, MD, DNB (Med), DM, FRACP,FSCANZ,FSCAI
Awards and Recognitions
- Best out going Student in MBBS in Tirunelveli Medical College ( 1996 )
- Dr.C.Chandrabose Award from Indian Medical Association. ( 1996 )
- University first Mark (Dr.M.G.R.Medical University) in Obstetrics and Gynanecology Clinical in the year 1996-1997 and received Dr.A.C.Asirvada Nadar Memorial Prize from Dr.M.G.R.Medical University. ( 1996 )
- University First (Dr.M.G.R.Medical University) in Clinical exam in Cardiology ( 2006 )
- Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Medical Association